Friday, May 7, 2010

What's wrong with this picture: "Earplugs– they’re not just for airport tarmacs anymore. I’ve started wearing them for New York City walks, the gym, and parenting. So peaceful."

A New York kind of guy blogs:

"Earplugs
– they’re not just for airport tarmacs anymore. I’ve started wearing them for
NY walks, the gym, and parenting. So peaceful."


I TOLD HIM IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS: " Sir? earplugs? to keep the world
OUT? sigh: what is the world coming to, sir? Why not wear blinders as
well, and stay at home and cocoon 24/7/365? Sigh. People are so afraid
of the world they now block out the real world.? This is a sad trend.
you New Yorkers are a weird bunch. SMILE...but i feel your pain!"



But some other responses to this jerk in NYC:

" My son wears them to Bar Mitzvahs and (loud) weddings. & at rock
concerts, and in the convertable! Enjoy the peace!"

" I wear them every day at work for 12 hours at a time. once you get
use to them they are not to uncofortable. id recomend Moldex Spark
Plugs. they are comfortable and PVC free"

"Sounds like you're living inside of a shell. "

"I have even worn them while dining out in NYC."

No comments: