Monday, May 17, 2010

HOUSE CALLS: Pfizer stonewalls Danny Bloom in Lipitor to break or not to break ''controversy''

HOUSE CALLS:

"I called our pharmacist about this peculiar instruction (not to break the pill). The pharmacist told me that "cut the pill in half" is a standard instruction to our patients. He didn't know why Pfizer would say not to break the pills.
I am pretty sure that it is to protect their bottom line. They just can not say that publicly. But all the practicing physicians that I know agree that Lipitor can be cut without causing any problem."
 
Dr C. , NYC
 
Pfizer stonewalls Danny Bloom in Lipitor to break or not to break ''controversy'' . Pfizer PR dept refuses to answer the call. Why? Just dish, PR people. Nothing to be afraid of. Or is there? If I have another heart atacck over this, there wilol be hell to pay!
 
Both NY Times and WSJ are poised to report. Fess up, PR people. It's a minor issue.

No comments: