Monday, March 9, 2020

Meet Dylan C: host of the Knight Reader podcast


Dylan C

10:33 AM (2 hours ago)
Reply
to me
Of course, I would love to answer any and all questions. You can also learn a lot about me on my linked in page, which i can send you the link of at the end of this email.
 
I am a parent, educator, and aspiring author, and dabble in many art forms, including sound design, podcast production, voice acting, multi instrumentalist, teacher and emotional development/music educator, and much more. The biggest thing i have going on at the moment is my podcast, which i host and produce by myself, called Knight Reader. It is a huge and central part of me and all that i do. It includes selfless promotion of incredible artists of all sorts, original music and voices, chats with authors, influencers, and readers from around the world. I also bring classic novels to life, such as Herman Melville's Moby Dick, with fully realized characters and themes for them all. I also provide in depth analysis that anyone can understand, and flesh the story out in a way that anyone can understand and ride along with! I really bring these books to life, and it is an endeavor i will never quit. I have many ambitions, some including non profits that i have attempted to start up, one being called "Books for Villages". In speaking with a small village in Belize, i learned that there are many young people there who love to read but do not have access to books or educational/art tools and supplies. This really spoke to me, and so i started the gofundme non profit for the cause last year. It has not picked up steam as of yet, though. As far as my writing journey, i have been reading and writing since a very young age, and have attempted writing stories for as long as i can remember. I entered and was included in the winners bracket of my first poetry contest when i was in fifth grade. I have been inspired greatly by authors and writers such as but not limited to, Richard Bach, Herman Melville, JK Rowling,  Edgar Allen Poe, Dylan Thomas, John Steinbeck, and more. Musically, i dabble in many genres and instruments, from classical, flamenco, to blues and country. I have volunteered for over a year in pre school level class rooms, teaching children about emotions and music. It has been very rewarding for me, personally. My day job consists of a job of acting/educating middle school children in San Fransisco, on the historical Hyde St. Pier. I work for the maritime museum of SF, where many ancient vessels are harbored. Every day a class of children visits for an overnight trip aboard an ancient vessel, where i act as a sailor from 1906, whilst educating them, teaching them life skills and so much more. It has been an absolutely incredible adventure for me! 
 
I have two children, both of which i had at a very young age, and though they both have their different special needs, my son is on the lower scale of the autism spectrum.
 
Being a young parent and working through these difficulties, learning, growing, and coping, have been the most difficult and special years of my life. I have been greatly inspired to write children's books, and parenting books, as well as very ambitious works of literary fiction that i would like to publish at some point. They vary greatly in subject and style, one of my works being based on my experiences growing up, and focusing on loss of faith and will to live. All of my future publications are still in the works, along with a great project with artists from all around the world. I am putting together collections of incredible art that flies under the radar, underappreciated artists that inspire me greatly, so much so, that i write poetry in theme of their art. I will be publishing this collection, which will be crowdfunded, some time late this year. I have yet to announce the title and crowd funding page. However, i plan to do so very soon, and i would be a great help to me if you could help spread that word, because in my heart my biggest goal is to inspire many. To change lives. To speak to souls young and old, to educate, and broaden horizons. To be a voice for the youth of today, and helping people get passed their apprehensions of creating their art, whatever it is. This is what my podcast and all that i do revolves around. I private publishing company will be publishing it, and i have not stuck with one yet. As i said, i will let you know the name and intended release very soon! My target audience varies greatly, but includes youth, young adults, young parents, parents of children with special needs and people with special needs.
 
For the collection of poetry and art, my target audience is the world. The book on Autism will be a parenting/children hybrid, meant to be read by both a child and a parent, to help better understand the family dynamic. The parenting ones will be picture books targeted at adults, and some of my picture books will be just for children. Thank you so much for letting me share myself with you, and i can answer any more questions you would like to know. I really appreciate you reaching out to me. Thank you so much, 
 
 
Dylan C, Knight Reader. 

No comments: