100. Ambrose Bierce wrote an early ''cli-fi'' short story titled ''FOR THE AKHOONED'' in 1909, believe it or not, and set it in the distant future of 4951. Professor Christian Chelebourg in France lobbed this news item over to us today in French and a big ''tip of the chapeau'' (hat tip) to him for it. See link:
99. U.C. Santa Cruz politics professor Ronnie Lipschutz has organized a conference to think more optimistically about the future and replace popular interest in dystopia with more encouraging utopian visions, both past and present: http://news.ucsc.edu/2015/10/utopian-dreaming.html?ref=share
94. Peter Gould's new book, MARLY, cli fi humor and close ties with movie HER, is published by Green Writers Press in Verment, with a great studio interview with VPR, Vermont Public Radio. Flying down to Mexico where he teaches this time of year. Movie rights might be optioned. Stay "tuned."
95. Emily Jackson, writing under the name of M. Jackson (''While Glaciers Slept '') is in Iceland as we speak and as a
Fulbright scholar and researcher, sharing a glimpse of her work and travel in Höfn, Iceland, which she deems “cryosphere paradise,” as captured through Instagram.Emily is a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Oregon and currently based in Iceland, through a U.S. Fulbright-National Science Foundation Arctic Research Grant, where she’s researching glacier/society relationships.You can follow her on Instagram at @mlejackson.
94. Eric Holthaus has written a speculative fiction cli-fi short story for MOTHERBOARD as the invitation of Brian Merchant: "Hypercane" at http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hypercane THIS COULD BECOME A BOOK if a savvy literary agent gives Eric a call. QUICK!