Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rightwing climate denialist and all around dodo bird Andrew Bolt's Blog in Victoria's Herald Sun

A writer Down Under says:

"Andrew Bolt's blog on Victoria's Herald Sun website is beyond compare. The man is full of crapola.

bolta@heraldsun.com.au

How angry is that fella called Andrew Bolt? Wow. I wouldn't normally read such material, but his manic and strange behaviour never ceases to amuse me. (There are pills for that, you know, Andrew!)

I'm grumpy - I'm honest enough to admit that. But Bolt must be really on the edge. I'm wondering if he is living a life of constant disappointment. Does he get the shakes too? Not that i feel too sorry for him, I really do have better things to worry about.

I have some terribly conservative views, if you have read any of my posts you will understand. But Id have to say i disagree with 99% of Bolt's opinions. Everything i read from Bolt seems terribly fascist and much of it is just garbled rubbish.

He's not really neo conservative. I find myself agreeing with many neo con views. No, Bolt is far worse than that. Its almost as if he is carrying on the fine tradition established by Pauline Hanson. Lowest common denominator stuff with limited facts.

But that's the beauty of being a blogger or columnist and not a real journalist. If you don't want to be accurate, you don't have to. Bolt obviously subscribes to the old theory, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Bolt claims to receive over 10 hits a month to his blog. Hard to know if its true, but its probably a mix of people who hate him, and other fascists who want to salute him in the usual way. Then there are those like me who just want a laugh.

One of the things that i have noticed is the times of his posts. He posts to his blog all day long, and into the early hours of the morning. Does he not have a life?

I guess not. Then again, pity his wife and family who have to put up with this anger. It must be miserable sometimes. (Those tablets again Andrew - I'm told they can help.)

I wont suggest you head to the Bolt blog, but if you have the time, its good for amusement."


-- Young and Grumpy in the Gmail Office

No comments: