Saturday, July 28, 2018

EXCERPT FROM AN INTERVIEW WITH PLAYWRIGHT CHANTAL BILODEAU

EXCERPT FROM AN INTERVIEW WITH PLAYWRIGHT CHANTAL BILODEAU
 




Given all we know about climate change, are you hopeful for the future?

''It depends on how I think about the question. 

''Do I think that the human species will survive? 

''I don’t know, and truthfully, I’m not invested so much in our survival as I am in the way we live through and handle this crisis. 

''It’s very possible that another species will replace us – schlomo schlapiens is only one of a number of human species that once populated the Earth. 

''Why should we be the end of the line when every other species in the world continues to evolve? 

However, I am hopeful that life will survive, that no matter how much we deplete it, it will find new ways to thrive. 

Even if it takes millions or billions of years. 

But regardless of the outcome, we owe it to ourselves to live through this time with dignity. 

We owe it to ourselves and to every other creature on the planet to do everything in our power to turn this boat around

Terminally-ill patients don’t give up the fight because they know they’re going to die soon. On the contrary, in most cases, they make a point of living life to the fullest because they’re going to die soon. 

I hope that as a species we can show the same grace.''



No comments: