Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Future the Cli-Fi Genre as a Subgenre of Sci-Fi

The Future the Cli-Fi Genre
as a Subgenre of Sci-Fi

January 1, 2017

Blog entry:
 
While the cli-fi term is in circulation now via a three-year PR campaign to introduce and boost the term's popularity among novelists, literary critics, film critics, and culture observers worldwide in several languages (2013-2016),
the real literary/intellectual/emotional/activist fruits of the genre term won't turn up until 2030, 2050, 2080, even as far distant as 2100.

These things take time.

This was from the get-go a longterm literary project, and I knew the time frame longterm and that I wouldn't be around
to see the genre's fruits bloom and blossom in the culture at large in future times.

Still, I know I did a good thing, a useful thing. And yet I still have to wonder, in all honesty, will what I did end up having been useful -- or useless?

Time will tell.

No comments: